2020-21 FIRE Program
THEME: Love God. Live the Eucharist. (Our parish mission statement)
FIRE, which stands for Families In Religious Education, is Christ Our Light’s whole-community catechesis program, designed for everyone. It allows participants to grow in faith, assists the hectic lives of families in their religious formation, and builds community among all parishioners. FIRE will happen virtually with an in-person component.
- - - - -
This is what each month will look like:
FIRST WEDNESDAYS OF THE MONTH:
- MASS IN A HOME: This night will be filled with family time and prayer. Participating families are encouraged to prepare a family prayer table at home (see below). Via livestream, we will guide each other through moments of peace, connection, healing, conversation, and more – while being centered in what we call the source and summit of our faith, the Mass. The livestream will begin at 6:30PM.
SECOND WEDNESDAYS OF THE MONTH:
- AGE-SPECIFIC SESSIONS: This is our time to connect with friends, talk about life, laugh, learn, and build up our foundational understanding of our faith! We will connect via Zoom at 6:30pm for these sessions.
THIRD WEDNESDAYS OF THE MONTH:
- IN-PERSON COMPONENT FOR GRADES 3-8: This gathering for students in 3rd–5th grade and 6th–8th grade will be supplemental content and relational-focused ministry for folks who are comfortable with meeting in person. Students will gather at COL-South* from 6:30-7:30pm. *October 21: Grades 3-5 Meet at Princeton Elim Home; Grades 5-8 at COL-North.
FOURTH WEDNESDAYS OF THE MONTH:
- IN-PERSON COMPONENT FOR GRADES 9-12: This gathering for students in 9th-12th grade will be supplemental content and relational-focused ministry for folks who are comfortable with meeting in person. High school students will gather at COL-South from 6:30-7:30pm.
LAST SUNDAYS OF THE MONTH:
- HOUSEHOLD CHURCHES: Families will be organized into smaller groups of neighbors and be given the chance to connect online via Zoom to share their reflections on the liturgy. This will be further learning directly connected to the readings and homily of that Sunday. Families will connect via Zoom at 6:30pm.