Embracing Hope Through Collaboration
About the Area Catholic Communities approach in the Diocese of Saint Cloud:
Every parish in the Diocese of Saint Cloud is a part of an Area Catholic Community consisting of two or more parishes in a given area. All Area Catholic Communities will collaborate to provide for the pastoral and spiritual needs of all. These collaborations will bring about the sharing of resources, talents, and efforts for the good of the Body of Christ. The formal establishment of these Diocesan Area Catholic Communities took effect July 1, 2019.
Sherburne Area Catholic Communities Parishes and Area Planning Council Members:
- Christ Our Light Catholic Parish of Princeton/Zimmerman
- Fr. Kevin Anderson, Toody Berwyn, Lila Spencer, and Vic Spiczka
- Mary of the Visitation Catholic Faith Community of Becker/Big Lake
- Fr. Mike Kellogg, Deacon Phil Henneman, James Adelman, Paula Gaffaney, and Vern Jurek
- Saint Andrew Catholic Church and School of Elk River
- Fr. Mark Innocenti, Randy Bayerl, Betsy Clark, and Loren Volk
Each parish has appointed parishioners to form an Area Planning Council to create a unified vision. This vision will be determined in collaboration with parish leadership, as well as the Diocesan Personnel Committee. This can include (but is not limited to) building relationships; evaluating resources, programs and ministries; strengthening communication between all parishes; and enhancing the overall vibrancy of our Area Catholic Community. Area Planning Councils will help to carry out the vision and evaluate its impact.
Sherburne Area Catholic Communities Goals for 2020-21
- Communications: Area Connections, News and Information
- Shared Service Project: Serving God's people for the common good
- Collaborative Formation Project: Proclaiming the Good News and calling forth disciples in Jesus Christ
- Hispanic Community participation: Inclusion in Sherburne Area Catholic Community
For more information regarding Area Catholic Communities in the Diocese of Saint Cloud, CLICK HERE.