We are all called to be God’s hands and feet. As a loving faith community, we work to coordinate our parish’s resources in order to provide the care to those in need – in our parish and in the community at large.
PARISH OPPORTUNITIES & RESOURCES
- Social Concerns/Outreach Development Team: This development team is responsible for ensuring that our parish serves the world with the understanding and guidance of the seven Catholic Social Teachings. Along with coordinating our resources, this team will help balance the types of ministries provided at Christ Our Light so that we can be assured we are serving all the needs placed before us. Development teams meet each third Tuesday of the month, 6:30-8PM, September through May. Anyone is welcome to join the team.
- BeFrienders: This group is trained to visit home-bound parishioners and other people in need.
- Prayer Chain: A network of people who pray for special prayer requests through phone or email.
- Hospital Minister: Eucharistic Ministers that distribute communion at the hospital in Princeton on a Sunday or weekday rotation.
- Elim Home Minister: Elim Home Ministers are Eucharistic Ministers who distribute communion at Princeton Elim Home and Caley House once a month on a Tuesday or Thursday.
- Shuttle Ministry: This ministry provides free bussing for parishioners to and from Princeton for Saturday Masses at COL-South.
- Prepare a Meal: Volunteer to cook a meal and deliver it to an individual or a family in need due to illness, grief, new baby, etc.
- St. Mary's of Red Lake: Participate in opportunities that support Christ Our Light's sister-parish relationship with St. Mary's of Red Lake, Minnesota.
- 50/50: 50/50 is a youth-driven ministry that is focused on growing and maintaining the sister relationship between COL and our sister parish, St. Mary's of Red Lake. Teens participate with an Triduum/Easter school-day retreat at Red Lake and other youth-to-youth events.
COMMUNITY OPPORTUNITIES & RESOURCES
- Princeton Pantry: Local food pantry which takes donations and distributes food to those in need on a weekly basis.
- Meals on Wheels/Meals A La Carte: Provides meals for the home bound on a rotation: serve 2 days every 4 months.
- Christmas Giving Program: Christmas season program that collects items for the poor in our parish community along with the greater community.
- Great River Family Promise: Participating churches on a quarterly schedule provide emergency housing for homeless families during the night and provide breakfast and supper.
- Kinship Youth Mentoring: A private, non-profit organization which promotes youth mentoring.
- Passing the Bread: Monthly Food Distribution for needy families living in Princeton and Zimmerman Zip Codes. Accepts monetary and food donations.
- Princeton Community Table: A free community meal held at Trinity Crossing in Princeton on the fourth Thursday of the month.
- ACT on Alzheimers: Organization creating a dementia-friendly culture in Princeton, where people with dementia are understood, respected and supported.
- SWAN (Stuff We All Need): Providing individuals and families in need with essential items for proper personal hygiene (i.e. shampoo, soap, deodorant, tooth paste, etc.).
- - - - -
Application for Christ Our Light Outreach Collection
Organizations/ministries are welcome to fill out an application to request funding assistance. Please click HERE for an application.
- - - - -
For information about Social Concern/Outreach programs, contact
Molly Weyrens, Pastoral Associate